Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Technican turned service manager with multiple lines of equipment and rental units.
30244710

I have a cat 966c 78g series that the transmission stopped

Customer Question

I have a cat 966c 78g series that the transmission stopped working after I shifted from 3rd to 2nd to climb a hill, I just instsalled a new transmission
Category: Construction and Road Equipment
Expert:  catmastertech replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I am sorry no one could help you earlier. I work out in the field during the day and have limited access to the internet. I answer most questions at night. I will be glad to help you if you still need it.What have you checked so far?Have you tested the oil pump pressure?Can you check the transmission pressures?Have you check the filter or strainer for metal? Did the transmission overheat? How long has this transmission be in the machine?Does it have warranty? Please let me know as much detail about this problem as you can. If you have the transmission serial number, that would be helpful too.