Dan, Technician
Experience:  17+ yrs. shop and field experience with all major brands of heavy equipment and trucks - 1995 WyoTech graduate.
65405794

I have john deere 650j dozer 2006 electronic throttle control

Customer Question

I have john deere 650j dozer 2006 electronic throttle control knob,when i push pedal down it dosnt idle down,i changed switch out of my other dozer didnt help,got any suggestions?
Category: Construction and Road Equipment
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is***** will be glad to try to help. If the switch is not the problem then thoroughly check the harness for open or damaged wiring and connector pins. If ok then you may have a controller problem and JD service advisor might be needed to reflash the software with the most current updates and possibly this could be a controller problem ( ECU) as well. Let me know the results and if you are getting any fault codes.