Cat Man
Cat Man, Cat Engine Expert
Experience:  I am ASE Master Certified.
30708357

No hand pump and the only filter I can find is the filter with

Customer Question

No hand pump and the only filter I can find is the filter with the drain I did not fill it so it ran out of fuel help
Category: Construction and Road Equipment
Expert:  Cat Man replied 1 year ago.
Hi. Thanks for asking your question! I will try and help you out.
Yes it's best to prefill the filters when there is no hand priming pump. If your engine has a secondary fuel filter. It would be located on the engine after the fuel pump.
I would try removing the fuel filter and filling it with fuel.
Please reply back if you need more help or have more questions. I am happy to assist.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I CAN NOT FIND A 2ND FILTER IS IT ON THE LEFT SIDE PLEASE HELP
Expert:  Cat Man replied 1 year ago.
It may only have one. If there is a second one. It would be on the non turbo side of the engine.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I think only one and I did take the one filter back off and filled it up is there some other way
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Cat Man replied 1 year ago.
There are only two other options.
One is to use starting fluid. But you must be careful not to use too much.
The second is to have a hand primer installed on the engine. The local Cat dealer should be able to get you the parts needed.
Let me know if you need more help.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is there a line that could be bread starting fluid ok to use before the air filter
Expert:  Cat Man replied 1 year ago.
Actually I prefer to spray into the air filter. Its the best way.
Also, most 3126B engines have an inlet heater. It needs to be unplugged before using starting fluid. There is a relay beside the intake of the engine that runs the heater. Unplug the 2 wire connector on the relay before using starting fluid.