Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Technican turned service manager with multiple lines of equipment and rental units.
30244710

I USED MY NEW HOLLAND 50SR EXCAVATOR TO JUMP A 24 VOLT

Customer Question

HI,
I USED MY NEW HOLLAND 50SR EXCAVATOR TO JUMP A 24 VOLT LOADER AND AFTER I SHUT DOWN THE EXCAVATOR IT HAD ZERO ELECTRICAL WHEN I TURNED THE KEY. WHAT DID I DO, BURN OUT THE VOLTAGE REGULATOR? THANKS FOR YOUR HELP
DAVE
Category: Construction and Road Equipment
Expert:  dd85 replied 1 year ago.
More than likely a blown fuse,Check fuses in fuse box. Also check battery connections.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for the reply. I will clean and tighten all the battery connections I can find tonight. Also going to follow the main battery cable to the starter and make sure there isn't a fused starter relay on that cable, a friend told me that idea. I will let you no what happens tomorrow. I only connected to one of the batteries so I think I am okay with the voltage but we will see. Thanks for the help.

Dave

Expert:  dd85 replied 1 year ago.
Let me know what you find.