Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Technican turned service manager with multiple lines of equipment and rental units.
30244710

Bobby ihave an 843b bobcat sometimes it wqill crank with

Customer Question

hi bobby ihave an 843b bobcat sometimes it wqill crank with swich an mostly have to short it out at starter think I got a wireing problem or a wire off somewhere/??
Category: Construction and Road Equipment
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
once u short the starter it will crank that's why I think its just awire off somewhere an cant find wireing diagraim from swich to starter please help me fugurethis out
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Provide Diagrams, Manuals, or Instructions. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
Look at the starter solenoid. There will be a single small post, that is the switch terminal. The wire from the keyswitch for start, has to go there. Use a short jumper wire to test the solenoid, touch the battery post to this small post, engine should crank. If not , the solenoid is bad! If it does start, get a test light or voltmeter and check the wire at the solenoid, does it have 12 volts when key is turned to start? It has to for starter solenoid to engage the starter. If no voltage, follow the wire back to the key switch and see if there is voltage at the switch. Use wire color to determine which wire it is.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Now the s.o.b. won't crank!! Starter turning when I short IIT out but won't start , u made things worst Curtis
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Provide Diagrams, Manuals, or Instructions + Help via Email or Text Message. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
My direction was to go from battery post on the solenoid to the switch terminal, this is the same connection the key switch makes. Nothing else! Did you have key switch on? If not, engine is not going to start.