Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Technican turned service manager with multiple lines of equipment and rental units.
30244710

HiI have a small bobcat s 70 2011 with 300 hours on it

Customer Question

Hi
I have a small bobcat s 70 2011 with 300 hours on it and it just started shutting off today. It will run for a minute and then stop. Wait a minute and it will start again. Changed fuel filter but same problem
Category: Construction and Road Equipment
Expert:  Fieldtech59 replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I was reluctant to respond as I haven't worked on an S70 before, but I've worked on my share of the larger Bobcat machines. I decided to respond because I'm sure you need some help, otherwise you're going to Bobcat to spend the bucks in the service department, I get that, so lets see if we can noodle this out.
Although I've never worked on the S70, being an S model I'd wager it's still a G series machine. I have a couple of questions to help me understand what the machine is doing.
1) when it shuts down, do you hear three beeps from the alarm?
2) when it shuts down, does the engine shut off quickly like you turned the ignition off, or does it slowly stall out like it's running out of fuel?