Dan, Technician
Experience:  17+ yrs. shop and field experience with all major brands of heavy equipment and trucks - 1995 WyoTech graduate.
65405794

I changed the hydraulic filter and the 310d worked fine for

Customer Question

I changed the hydraulic filter and the 310d worked fine for about 2 hours. switching between high and lower it suddenly wouldn't move at all.Changing the filter worked when it first did that. The yellow ! sign was on too.
Category: Construction and Road Equipment
Expert:  Dan replied 2 years ago.
Hi my name is***** will be glad to try to help. If the filter was plugged with metal/debris it is and indication of a pump or component failure. The contamination will go through the system, into the valves and components and cause further damage and problems. If metal was found you will need to flush and clean out the system and replace the failed pump or component. If clean then the next step is to have your pressures tested and confirmed they are within OEM specs and if not this process will help isolate the problem to either a pump, valve or other internal leakage problems. Let me know
Expert:  Dan replied 2 years ago.
Hi, Did you get this resolved? I wanted to follow up to see what you found and if my information was helpful to you or if you still needed more help? Let me know and I will get this question closed out for you if you don't need further help with this. Please feel free to rate or accept if you found my information helpful as that is how the experts receive credit for their time helping on the site.