Dan, Technician
Experience:  17+ yrs. shop and field experience with all major brands of heavy equipment and trucks - 1995 WyoTech graduate.
65405794

I have a cat 910 wheel loader. When the machine is cold

Customer Question

Hi I have a cat 910 wheel loader. When the machine is cold I have no transmission. Once the machine has warmed up it works fine. Any ideas on what the problem could be?
Category: Construction and Road Equipment
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.
Hi It's Dan. I will be glad to help. First check the transmission filter for signs of metal/debris indicating a converter or pump problem. Aluminum will point to converter. Also drain the transmission and check the suction screen for friction material indicating clutch disc failure in the transmission as well as for metal. If all looks clean then the next step is to have your pressures tested and confirmed to OEM specs. Let me know the results and if we need to dig deeper.
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.
Hi, Did you get this resolved? I wanted to follow up to see what you found and if my information was helpful to you or if you still needed more help? Let me know and I will get this question closed out for you if you don't need further help with this. Please feel free to rate or accept if you found my information helpful as that is how the experts receive credit for their time helping on the site.