Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Technican turned service manager with multiple lines of equipment and rental units.
30244710

I have a CAT 246 skid loader that wont start due to some kinda

Customer Question

I have a CAT 246 skid loader that wont start due to some kinda of safetey switch problem. where is the switch for the safety bar located and also the seat switch?
Category: Construction and Road Equipment
Expert:  catmastertech replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I am sorry no one could help you earlier. I will be glad to assist you with this problem.Not all starting problems are directly related to the safety "Interlock" controller.Most problems with the Interlock will display a warning through the Parking brake lamp flashing or the Armrest lamp flashing. If one or both is flash, this represents a particular fault.
For details on any problem, I need to know the machine serial number to help you further. Please let me know which, if any lights are flashing any other repairs that have been done recently. Just to answer your first question though, the armrest switch is located behind the right side of the armrest when seated. It uses a magnet the trigger the switch. One side is normally open and the other is normally closed. Both circuits must work for the machine to operate correctly. The seat switch is built into the bottom cushion. To access the wires, you must raise the cab, Since this is just a open and close switch, you can insert a jumper wire to "temporarily bypass" the seat switch.