Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Technican turned service manager with multiple lines of equipment and rental units.
30244710

Dan I am installing a fuel injection pump on a cnh reef

Customer Question

Hi Dan I am installing a fuel injection pump on a cnh reef do you have the timing procrdure
Category: Construction and Road Equipment
Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I will assist you with your concerns.
Please list the year, make, model of vehicle as well as engine/trans information.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Cnh 332t powered skid steer
Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 year ago.
This question was posted in the wrong category. I will get it moved to the correct category for you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Only info ib have. Cnh 332t 3cylinders l injection pump timing
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
Sounds like you had the right procedure, but was # ***** cylinder on the compression stroke, with both valves with clearance? You could have timing 180 off!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes both valve was closed and I even remove #1injector to make sure the piston was at top dead center
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
Do you get any smoke when cranking? Is there any fuel squirting at the injectors if you loose the high pressure lines? What was initial problem that pump was removed?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I was not there yet the customer talk about to pin the engine and I do not see s any hole for the timing pin at the camshaft or the flywheel
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
You did it right, TDC #1 compression, Without timing pin in flywheel, you need to use dial indicator to get exact TDC, and the injection pump should have been locked at TDC. But even without dial indicator, engine should start.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok I will be there this week tob install the pump that was removed for no fuel at the high pressure lines with direct power to fuel solenoid
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
And i will let you know the feedback
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
OK, Let me know. Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi sir with #1 cyl top dead center, injection pump locked for installation engine will not start
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
But we have smoke