Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Technican turned service manager with multiple lines of equipment and rental units.
30244710

I have a L555 new holland loader with hydraulic issues.

Customer Question

Hello. I have a L555 new holland loader with hydraulic issues. When driving it it looses power to one side then I have to stop or pull the lever back to get it to have power again. The boom and bucket will also not stay raised if there is weight on it while driving. With the key turned off it holds but as soon as the key is turned on it will lower slowly. Have change all filters and oil along with a check valve but just got a little better. Was going to change the gear pump next. Any thoughts?
Category: Construction and Road Equipment
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
Do you have any problem with electrical? The loader has solenoid valves on the boom and bucket that are used to block flow to the cylinders. With the erratic operation, it seems like one of these valves is acting up. I do not think that changing the pump is the answer! The pump would either work or not, all it does is move the oil, and be capable of producing the power to lift the load. If it does that, it is good. If owned one of these units, I would find a way to remove these lock solenoids, or disable them so the can't cut oil flow.