Dan, Technician
Experience:  17+ yrs. shop and field experience with all major brands of heavy equipment and trucks - 1995 WyoTech graduate.
65405794

The wiring in my 1996 Ford 555E has been damaged. What is the

Customer Question

The wiring in my 1996 Ford 555E has been damaged. What is the best way to repair. How can I get a schematic of the wiring. I am a woman and would need someone to repair. Maybe my son with a schematic. I live in Arlington Texas. Do you know any repairmen?
Category: Construction and Road Equipment
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is***** will be glad to help. If the harness is burnt of has gotten pulled and stretched by being hung up on something the best way to go is to replace the harness in the sections that have failed. unless it is only minor damage of a few wires it is not worth the effort of trying to make repairs as it will most f the time keep haunting you with electrical gremlins from that point on. Copy and paste this link in your browser for a reasonably priced manual for immediate download.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is not minor damage. The hoe has been sitting and it could have been squirrels or rats that ate part of it. How much is a new harness?
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for the update. The cost would depend on which part of the harness got damaged and weather you went with a new one or a good used one. Copy and paste this link in your browser for a list of machines being parted out you may be able to get a good used harness from. You will just need to have your serial number handy to be sure it is the correct one and matches the part number you have for the serial number machine you are buying it out of.
http://www.machinerytrader.com/list/dismantledsearch.aspx?Manu=FORD&Mdltxt=555E
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.
Hi, Did you get this resolved? I wanted to follow up to see what you found and if my information was helpful to you or if you still needed more help? Let me know and I will get this question closed out for you if you don't need further help with this. Please feel free to rate or accept if you found my information helpful as that is how the experts receive credit for their time helping on the site.