Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Technican turned service manager with multiple lines of equipment and rental units.
30244710

I have a Kabota loader we are having trouble with the boom

Customer Question

I have a Kabota loader we are having trouble with the boom losing power it won't dig it moves correctly and all but once it hits the ground it stops I was thinking a hydraulic control valve but I'm not sure the front loader part works correctly
Category: Construction and Road Equipment
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
What is the model number of the loader? Everything works but the front loader? Hydraulic pump may be separate from the hydrostat pump and drive system. If that is the setup, your hydraulic pump may be bad, need to check the hydraulic filter for any metal particles.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Everything works but the backhoe the back hoe works but has no power. The loader works fine which is weird right?
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
Where is the backhoe pump? Same pump as front loader? You didn't give me model number?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm sorry about that I just sent it!!
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
??? I don't see it!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't know what happened it's a L45 serial 50027
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
The tractor has two hydraulic pumps. The front is called swing, the rear one main.? Backhoe is shown as a separate component, and on the control valve, inlet side , is the main relief valve for the backhoe. I would check the main relief valve for blown o'rings or anything obvious wring with it. Then check the pump if need be
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok now which control valve am I checking the one on the back hoe it self? And the main relief is right under the seat so I should disassemble and thank that and also replace hydro filters correct?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Now also what I noticed is the quick connects for the backhoe have hose befor the connection that run to the valve assemble for the front loader so it's like there on the same pump?
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
Backhoe valve, inlet side! I would wait on the changing the filters until the relief valve is checked, and trace the pressure tube from backhoe to the pumps , to see which pump is backhoe! With both on same pump, check for a divert-er valve, that would split the flow between the two functions, May be stuck.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Okay thank you so much I really appreciate the help now the backhoe relief valve should be on the valve pack itself correct and the hose looks like it runs to a valve in the front with two solenoids one on the left and one on the right I wasn't sure if that's a diverter valve or not? What are the chances that the couplers are stuck to that usually stick or no?
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
Couplers can slip back and stop flow to a function, but other than that, should not cause problem. I thought the relief valve was on the inlet of the backhoe valve, but the parts book is unclear as to where it goes, it is just shown as relief valve and not shown in the valve assembly. ??
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes that's why I am confused as well there's a valve Coupler and then it goes to that valvethat has a hose that goes to the backhoe outlet port on the couplers and that valve is on the frame rail but I can't tell what it controls and it doesn't show it on the parts diagram it has 2 electric seloindson it I know it's hard for you Maby I can send a pic?
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
Are the two solenoid valves the same? Swap one for the other. To see if problem changes places. You can attach picture using the paper clip or tree icon above the typing bar.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Okay let me try what you have told me so far and I will get back to you thank you for your help if you think of anything else let me know please!! Would you happen to have a service manual for that ?
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
No, all I have is the parts list on line! Sorry.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's ok I'll let you know what happens
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
Ok, thanks!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi how are you I'm sorry I didn't get back sooner I looked again at the machine I think it is the spool valve on the loader in the back when I put the boom down everything loses pressure when I don't touch it the other hydraulics have power so most likely the valve is bad and is bypassing fluid correct?
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
I'm not so sure that the spool valve would do that. But sounds more like divert-er valve to me. Did you try doing anything with the two solenoids?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's very weird it's where the controls are all of those valves when I push the boom down lever it makes a weird pulsate noise and everything loses pressure when that valve is in neutral position all of the other hydraulic seem to have pressure and you can hear the motor work when you use them
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
Can you attach a picture of this solenoid setup?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can tommaro sorry is that ok!??
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
Sure, I'm retired , so time is no factor for me. Thanks.