Dan, Technician
Experience:  17+ yrs. shop and field experience with all major brands of heavy equipment and trucks - 1995 WyoTech graduate.
65405794

I'm working on a John Deere 444 e my loader goes in reverse

Customer Question

Hi I'm working on a John Deere 444 e my loader goes in reverse bt not forward
Category: Construction and Road Equipment
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is***** will be glad to help. Check for power in and out of the directional controller on the column in each gear position and then for power at the transmission control solenoids. It is possible you could have a faulty controller with worn contacts inside ( most common) or a harness problem, faulty forward clutch solenoid or internal transmission problem if you have power to the clutch solenoid and the solenoid is good. If so you can try swapping solenoids to see if the problem moves. If the electrical tests good check the transmission filter for metal/debris indicating an internal problem. Let me know
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.
Hi, Did you get this resolved? I wanted to follow up to see what you found and if my information was helpful to you or if you still needed more help? Let me know and I will get this question closed out for you if you don't need further help with this. Please feel free to rate or accept if you found my information helpful as that is how the experts receive credit for their time helping on the site.