Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Technican turned service manager with multiple lines of equipment and rental units.
30244710

You have to be 50 to 60 years old to supply needed information

Customer Question

You have to be 50 to 60 years old to supply needed information .Have 3408 cat with Woodward tail shaft governor # ***** / Cat # ***** Need info on adjustment screws. Low idle, high idle, torque converter speed.
Category: Construction and Road Equipment
Expert:  catmastertech replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I guess you have called the age about right. I know what you are talking about but, I have not done these adjustments. Can you tell me the engine serial number and arrangement number so, I can see if it is posted in a manual?Do you need the value of the spec's or are you looking how to actually adjust the governor?What is this engine driving? Is the torque convertor actually driving a CAT transmission?I am not sure that spec' will be available.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
3408DI. 6u09127 have arrangement number how ever not at this time. How to adjust not spec's . Driving torque converter in dragline . You have low idle , high idle & a drum speed to maintain.
Ok, I will see what I can find and post back here as soon as I can.
Could it be a 67U09127?
This is what I found for a 67U09127 with Woodward PSG Governor.See attached file below.
If that is not correct, please let me know. The 8N2366 number does not relate to anything I see so far.I will be glad to help all I can.