Dan, Technician
Experience:  17+ yrs. shop and field experience with all major brands of heavy equipment and trucks - 1995 WyoTech graduate.
65405794

Dan I have a Komatsu pc78mr6, the entire hydrolic system has

Customer Question

Dan I have a Komatsu pc78mr6, the entire hydrolic system has really slowed down, even tracking very slow. I have change the oil and filters. Oil looked good and only 2600 hrs on machine. Regularly maintained. Thanks
Category: Construction and Road Equipment
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.
Hi, Thanks for the request. I will be glad to try to help. Check both the in tank return filter and the pilot strainer at the rear of the hyd tank for signs of metal/debris indicating pump or component failure occurring. Also remove and inspect the relief cartridges for debris and damaged o rings. I the main relief is sticking open this will cause these symptoms or if the o rings are damaged. If metal is found in the filters and system the failed pump or component needs to be replaced and a full system flush is needed. Let me know
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.
Hi, Did you get this resolved? I wanted to follow up to see what you found and if my information was helpful to you or if you still needed more help? Let me know and I will get this question closed out for you if you don't need further help with this. Please feel free to rate or accept if you found my information helpful as that is how the experts receive credit for their time helping on the site.