Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Technican turned service manager with multiple lines of equipment and rental units.
30244710

I had to change an o ring on my hydrulic pump on a cat 315.

Customer Question

I had to change an o ring on my hydrulic pump on a cat 315. Now it seems as if i have air somewhere. The left track move very slow, it swings slow and the dipper hesitates a little. Other funtions seem fine. How can I address this issue
Category: Construction and Road Equipment
Expert:  catmastertech replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I am sorry no on could help you earlier. If you still need help, I will be glad to assist you.The left track and the swing share the same pump. Boom assist flow is also from this pump. Since this pump is common to each, I would believe you have a pump control problem on the left side pump control head. You can try switching the backup control switch to the manual mode. If this changes the machine operation, you may have a problem in the controller electrical system. If this is not the case, you will need pressure gauges, test fittings and hoses to begin checking the different system operations. Where was this seal located?Do you have the CAT part number of the the seal?