catmastertech
catmastertech, Technician
Experience:  Field service technician for CAT 19 years.
11546476

I have an 1992 416 series 2 back , machine runs fine front

Customer Question

I have an 1992 416 series 2 back hoe, machine runs fine front loader works fine but the back hoe has no power. It started loosing power and steadily got worse. Now it's so bad can barley get the boom up.
Category: Construction and Road Equipment
Expert:  catmastertech replied 1 year ago.
Hello,The best place to start is the resolver seals.
The resolvers are part of the signal network that tell the pump to upstroke and send power to each function.
If they leak the functions down stream will be weak. This is a simple repair and can be done with hand tools.
You dealer can get you all the seals and check balls for the valves in your machine. I would recommend you reseal all of the secondary resolvers. These are located in the back of each valve section. Be careful to catch the check ball when you remove the seat as it is a loose ball. (about the size of a BB)
If you need more help on this, please include the full machine serial number with your reply.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thx Cat at least I have a place to start. It will be a bit before I can get started on it, crazy at work.Ken
Ok, thanks for the reply. If you still need help from me, just post to this same question and I should be notified.