Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  Technican turned service manager with multiple lines of equipment and rental units.
30244710

I have a 2002 bobcat b 100 backhoe & bucket loader . Sitting

Customer Question

I have a 2002 bobcat b 100 backhoe & bucket loader . Sitting in the seat the left tie rod broke , I can't get the tie rod to come out of the hime joint , is there a certain way to remove the tie rod ? Thanks , Mike [email protected]
Category: Construction and Road Equipment
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 4 years ago.

koboma :

Explain what you mean by hiem joint.?? Not a common term anymore. Is this a tapered pin?

koboma :

Common ball joint removable tool.

koboma :

Can you take picture and use the tree icon above the typing bar to attach the picture??

Customer :

Hi how are you ,I sent a question about my 2002 B100 bobcat on removal of a broken tie rod ,if your sitting in the seat it's the left tie rod ,I can't get the tie rod to come out of the hime joint on the front stabalizer shock ,do you have a solution for me , Thanks Mike

Customer :

I made a mistake I can't get the tie rod bolt out of the hime joint on the hydrulic ram .

Customer :

No it's the end of the inner tie rod going into the hydrulic ram .

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 4 years ago.
The rod is threaded into the end of the cylinder. There should be a set of cuts on the rod and the cylinder, to be used as wrench flats to unscrew the rod from the cylinder. I never found picture that showed the cylinder and rod, could you attach picture?
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 4 years ago.
I see you rated bad service with no response.??