I am currently changing injectors in my c9 generator;could you please advise me on the procedure to put the new trim codes into the ECM using ET.regards kevin.
Hi. Thanks for using JA! I will try and help you out.
Do you have the trim files for all the injectors?
Yes; a cd rom comes with each new injector; I will take the number from the top of each injector to find the matching trim number.
Correct. There is also a 4 digit confirmation code.
After you use the serial number off the top of the injector to find the file on your disk, you will be asked by ET what the 4 digit confirmation code is. Once you type it in, the file will be installed into the ECM. Here is the complete process.
1.Select the following menu options on Cat ET:
2. Select the appropriate cylinder.
3. Click on the "Change" button.
4. Select the appropriate injector trim file from the PC.
5. Click on the "Open" button.
6. If you are prompted by Cat ET enter the injector confirmation code into the field.
7. Click on the "OK" button. The injector trim file is loaded into the ECM.
8. Repeat the procedure for each cylinder, as required.
Please let me know if you need more help or have more questions.
I am ASE Master Certified.