dd85
dd85, Technician
Experience:  Service amanger for over 15 years
15057492

I have a New Holland LX865 Skid Steer. The boom is working

I have a New Holland LX865 Skid Steer. The boom is working correctly but the bucket curl is erratic. It works sometimes then it feels like the pedal locks and will not operate. Any troubleshooting ideas?

dd85 :

Is the seat belt light coming on?

dd85 :

The seat belt / operator presence switches send power to the interlock relay, which sendspower to the boom and bucket solenoid valves to unlock the valves.

dd85 :

2 things can be happening,

dd85 :

1. remove the plate between your feet. check for dirt, mud est. in the pedal linkage.

JACUSTOMER-jaxb585t- :

The seat belt light comes on and goes off when the seat belt is buckled. I thought this could be part of the problem, but wouldn't it affect the boom and the bucket?

dd85 :

2. with the plate removed, at the front of the valves there will be a pair of wires going to the boom solenoid and then to the bucket solenoid.

dd85 :

are the connections connected and clean?

dd85 :

next power off, remove the wires and then remove the solenoid from the boom valve and install it in the bucket valve, installing the bucket solenoid in the boom vvalve,

dd85 :

connect the wires as the originally were.

dd85 :

start machine and see if now bucket works, and boom is erratic.

dd85 :

what we have done iis move the working solenoid to the non working valve. if the bucket now works and the boom is erratic the problem is the solenoid valve.

dd85 :

if the bucket is still erratic then the problem is in the valve internally or the linkage.

JACUSTOMER-jaxb585t- :

I had the plate off yesterday and believe I know the location of the solenoids. To be sure, one for the bucket is screwed in the side of the valve and the boom is screwed in the top. Are the wires attached with a quick disconnect?

dd85 :

that is correct

dd85 :

there shopuld be a short pigtail were the wires connect

JACUSTOMER-jaxb585t- :

I will try your suggestions after I get off work and reply to you tomorrow. Thanks

Hello, I wasn't sure if you still needed help with this, it is in the open section for our questions. Is our expert dd85 still helping you with this? Please advise, thanks Dan.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I have not had the time to work on my equipment with the suggestion given. I don't have a problem with paying the expert if I can still discuss this problem with him if the suggested repair does not work.
Ok, I will wait to see if the other expert is still working on this. Try what he said and respond back. If I see this is still open tonight I will get in touch with you. Thanks, Dan

as far as I am concerned you can wait to pay when the problem is fixed.

There seems to be a glitch in our system that is putting the active questions back in the "open to answer list"

dd85, Technician
Experience: Service amanger for over 15 years