Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

I have a ASUS tablet that I've enjoyed using since November

Customer Question

I have a ASUS tablet that I've enjoyed using since November 2014. I travel a lot, am retired and on fixed income so I try to make things last. Just recently, 2 months, I've had charging problems with it. I went to a local computer repair shop, very reputable and explained that I trouble charging the tablet. Before that I went to the Geek squad who said it was old and I should think about replacing it. Immediately, they both thought I had a bad charger, but that was not the case. Short version, I've been able to charge the unit, but it seem to lose the charge quicker than before. The local guy said he does not repair them.
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact model of your Asus? And what operating system are you running?
Customer: Your thoughts?
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: Don't think so. P.S. I'm not real strong in this area.
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Don't think so. I have an iPhone 6s so I do a fair amount with that. Thanks
Submitted: 8 days ago.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 8 days ago.

Hi there and welcome

It can be an issue with residue power

Can you remove the power cable then hold the power down for 60 seconds then release.

Then connect the power cable, power it up and tell me how it then performs please.