Jon
Jon, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Data Systems Analyst for a School District
97029936

My apple iPhone is telling me I don't have enough storage to

My apple iPhone is telling me I don't have enough storage to take pictures and videos. How can I add storage?

Hi my name is***** me to briefly go over your original question so I don't miss any details.

All you need to do is the following:

1. Go to Settings > [your name] > iCloud > iCloud Storage.
    • If you're using iOS 10.2 or earlier, go to Settings > iCloud > Storage.
  2. Tap Buy More Storage or Change Storage Plan.
  3. Choose a plan, then tap Buy and enter your Apple ID password.

If this helps in any way, please consider to rate my services as it helps to let others know that I am here to help. If not, please let me know how I can further assist.

If it is not icloud storage you want, then you can free up actual iphone space by syncing your iphone with your computer, preferably your mac if you have one.

You can also backup your iphone to your computer using itunes or you can downlaod all your pictures to your photos app on your mac and then delete all the pics off your phone. This will free up space on the actual phone itself.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
It's not iCloud that's the problem. It's my photos ... I do want to make sure they are in the cloud... don't want them just on my computer... how do I do that

In order ot get your pics on the cloud which it may already be set, but on the phone go to:

Settings>touch your name at the very top>icloud>photos then here it is up to you if you want to turn on "icloud photo library" and/ or "My photo Stream"

If I have helped in any way, please consider to rate my services as it helps others know I am here to help.

If for some reason you still need help please do not rate my services in a negative way but instead just let me know what happened or what did not work and I will continue to help you troubleshoot the issue.