s_feehan
s_feehan, Computer Repairer
Experience:  11 years of repair, 3+ in a professional setting
69400341

It takes a very time for me to access Xfinity whereas I can

It takes a very long time for me to access Xfinity whereas I can access Google and other carriers right away. I get a message that Xfinity is delayed because of a long running script. I tell it to "stop" the script but I still cant get on Xfinity. Please help me. ***@******.***,
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact make and model of your machine?
Customer: HP Pavillion. one year old, purchased at Costco.
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: About two weeks, getting worse. No troubleshooting.
JA: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I am not very computer literate.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is***** will be assisting you today. I am sorry to hear that you are having such trouble.

What operating system and browser do u use?

What DNS servers do you use?

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Don't know what a DNS server is? Comcast is leasing me a modem. Is that what you mean?

Please do a speed test for me here and post the results for me

www.speedtest.net

Also please try to open this link below - I want to see if it's DNS related

http://96.114.14.140

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
I am concerned about security if you access my computer.

No problem lets continue in the Q&A

Did you open the link? Is it still slow with that link?

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Could I please TALK to someone?

I cannot phone out

Let me opt out so that another expert can phone you.

Hi there, my name is ***** ***** I apologize for the transition from one tech to another, it's currently 3:20pm here in Virginia and I truly hope that I can help you out and make this an easy experience for you. For some reason it's not letting me offer the ability to do a phone call, and it may be a feature on your window. I'd suggest bookmarking this page so we don't lose one another... Do you see a red button (possibly red) anywhere requesting a service ?? If not let me know and I'll ping one of the site admins for further help.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Could somebody please call me so I can TALK with you? (###) ###-####

Yes, definitely, one moment. That helps, thanks!

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
No red button. I paid for secure remote assistance reluctantly. Cant I pls get some help? I have no internet. How am I supposed to see your response on internet.

Yes yes, I'm so sorry, I don't see that on my screen, I'm working to get connected with you via phone like you requested, sorry for the delay :)

It's going to come through as a restricted number, in just a few moments, that will be me.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
I got your phone message but donot know how get customer service help. PLEASE CALL ME!!!

Thank you so much for allowing me to speak with you and help.

As I mentioned on the phone, please don't forget to write back here and mention that we did get it resolved and if you see how, please rate my service on a scale of 1-5, 5 being the best.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Sean was able to change my internet browser to Google Chrome so I could access my Xfinity account by that means. Thanks so much!
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Service rating would be 5. So happy to speak to a live person. I find your customer service online to be very difficult to navigate

Thank you very much!!! Sorry about the difficulties traversing our site, I'll pass that along to customer service!

s_feehan, Computer Repairer
Experience: 11 years of repair, 3+ in a professional setting