Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

Fearing the ransomware problems and following advisements

Customer Question

Fearing the ransomware problems and following advisements from Microsoft I upgraded a batch of "updates". After that I could not connect to the internet (ie. all day long) before that I could. Can this be fixed?? This is almost as bad as the ransomware. James P Figueroa MD
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact model of your computer? And what operating system are you running?
Customer: HP Pavilion dm4-2070 Entertainment PC and running Windows 10
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: Yes approx. 25-30. I tried uninstalling approx. 5 but no difference.
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I did receive an email on my iPhone from Norton saying that my devices are protected with their software updates. So what I did with the Microsoft updates was not necessary.
Submitted: 10 days ago.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Lorenz Vauck replied 10 days ago.

Dear Client,

I am sorry to hear about that problem. My name is***** am a tech expert with 17 years of experience and will help you as good as I can.

Can you please first let me know how the computer was connected to the internet? Was that via WIFI or via cable?

Please type in the box below, then click on the "Send" button to send me your reply.

Thanks for your patience and best regards,

Lorenz Vauck

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Connected by WiFi - spectrum- Charter

I see. Can you actually see if the WIFI connection is established on that computer right now (by clicking the little WIFI symbol in the lower right part of the taskbar)?

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
I just attached my laptop to the Ethernet cable from the server. Is that OK ? If we cannot connect I want to cancel the session.

Thank you. Do you mean that the "non-working" computer is now connected to the internet, just via an ethernet cable?

If that is the case, then yes, I can connect to it and see what is wrong with your WIFI (and fix it).

I´ve just tried to accept your request, but it is telling me that there is an error with your account. The website should tell you what exactly is wrong and how to fix it (you should see a message).