Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

I can't access my toolbar or settings to get to my user

Customer Question

Hi I can't access my toolbar or settings to get to my user info?
JA: What kind of computer do you have?
Customer: Dell PC and I am running Windows 10
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: I installed out of date drivers yesterday but I couldn't access it before that
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I installed Malware antivirus protection yesterday aswell
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Lorenz Vauck replied 1 month ago.

Dear Client,

I am sorry to hear about that problem. My name is***** am a tech expert with 17 years of experience and will help you as good as I can.

Can you please first let me know which toolbar you are referring too? Once I know, I can surely fix this for you. If you don´t know exactly, we can also do a remote session and I will take a look at it directly.

Please type in the box below, then click on the "Send" button to send me your reply.

Thanks for your patience and best regards,

Lorenz Vauck

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I am operating on Windows 10 and can't access the Windows Icon or when I right click on the bottom bar I can't access the settings.

Thank you, ***** ***** the issue now. This usually happens because of corrupted Windows components (most often because of malware). May I remotely connect to your computer, so that I can resolve the problem for you while you can relax and watch me doing it on your screen? If I am not able to help, you can get a refund and it is a very safe option too because we are an A+ accredited business with the Better Business Bureau. Additionally, you will be watching your screen, and we will chat there as well so that you will always know what I will be doing next while fixing the problem.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
This problem happened before I installed Malware so I don't think that is the problem. I have tried running the sfc /scannow and that doesn't work either.

Yes, I know, it is a corrupted app-store actually, the taskbar components need to be reinstalled / corrupted registry entries need to be fixed. This will take me about 1 hour. With a guarantee that it will work again afterward or you can get a refund. Would you be up for that?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No Thanks, ***** ***** give my work It guy a call and he should be able to fix it. Thanks though

OK. In case he is not able to fix it, just reply once again and I will fix it for you. Thank you very much.