Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

My laptop came up with a message saying I had a zeus virus

Customer Question

My laptop came up with a message saying I had a zeus virus and not to shut down? Is this sound valid?
JA: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your laptop, and what operating system are you running?
Customer: Dell Inspirion using Windows 10 and Defender. Doing full scan now. The message also said my laptop was locked but it doesn't seem to be.
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: No.
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No.
Submitted: 12 days ago.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Lorenz Vauck replied 12 days ago.

Dear Client,

I am sorry to hear about that problem. My name is***** am a tech expert with 17 years of experience and will help you as good as I can.

The "Zeus Virus" is actually kind of a "bogus virus", it usually does no big harm at all, but it should be removed and the system should be thoroughly checked for more malware (malware never comes alone as we say). We could do that via a remote session - would that help?

Please type in the box below, then click on the "Send" button to send me your reply.

Thanks for your patience and best regards,

Lorenz Vauck

Because you have already paid but did not get back to me yet, can you please let me know how we should continue? Do you still need help?

Please type in the box below, then click on the "Send" button to send me your reply. Thank you.