Cris
Cris, Support Specialist
Experience:  10 years of IT experience in both business and residential.
10156100

I moved to a new location and took my HP printer (Officejet

Hi Andy. I moved to a new location and took my HP printer (Officejet 6600/6700) with me along with my four computers (two laptops and
two ipads). I was able to print wireless from all four devices with my printer before I moved, but now, in my new home, my printer continues to stay"offline" although it is plugged in and turned on. What do I need to do to again connect my computers with my printer so that I can print again?
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact model of your HP? And what operating system are you running?
Customer: Okay. This is an Officejet 6600, and two of my computers are Apple ipads (not sure what operating system that is), and the two laptops are running Windows 10, I believe.
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: Yes, but not on all four computers -- and I'm not sure what was updated on any of the computers -- mostly Windows updates, I believe. But all were connecting well with my Officejet right up untl the day I moved.
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Only that there are pretty fresh ink cartridiges installed on the Officejet, so that doesnt appear to be a source of the problem.

Hi there, I am Cris and will be glad to assist you.

Did your WiFi info change at your new location?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I got a new company to provide internet service: AT&T, which is using optic cable in this area. Is this answering your question?

If you are using a new service, then it appears you have a new WiFi network.

You need to connect your printer to the new WiFi network to have on the same network as all of your devices.

Have you connected the printer to the network?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No, I haven't -- I don't know how to do that -- although I kept the original HP Officejet discs that came with the printer when I bought it.

Please do the following from the printer. You will need connect the printer to WiFi.

1. Touch the right arrow to display the second navigation screen.
  2. Touch Setup , and then touch Network.
  3. Touch Wireless Setup Wizard, and then touch Continue. ...
  4. If necessary, touch the down arrow to scroll through the network names until you find yours.
  5. Connect your WiFi network and provide the password.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Okay. I followed your steps, and the printer says that it has successfully connected to the Wifi internet I now have in my home. I guess it will print out documents now. Thanks! Anything else I should do?

No, that is all you just had to connect it to the WiFi network and your all set.

Please take a moment to rate my service and submit at the top so I am credited for assisting you.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thanks very much, Chris!

Your very welcome!