Michelle
Michelle, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  B.Sc. Computer Science with Honors
26798893

It' my printer; it's my pc. It's two yrs old and hardly used

Customer Question

Hi it'snot my printer; it's my pc. It's two yrs old and hardly used because I kept using my old one tiill I got someone to set up the new one. After using it about four times the on/off button stopped working. It looks like it is loose. I want to know what your service procedure is and what it will cost.
JA: I'm not sure of the exact price, but there's only a $5 deposit. The rest of the price information will be on the page I send you to.
Customer: OK; will you be sending it today?
JA: What's the exact make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: just a moment I'll get it; but it's a laptop pc not a printer.
JA: What kind of computer are you printing from (Mac or PC)? What Operating System (OS) are you running?
Customer: It's pc#15-R036DS and I believe the operating is Windows 10. the problem is the pc not the printer. It won't turn on.
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: It happened four months ago and there was nothing that I know of. It wasn't dropped or anything loike that. I was still using the old pc .
JA: Is there anything else the Printer Technician should be aware of?
Customer: No, can the printer techs fix a pc?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 month ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help and resolve the problem you have posted.

Expert:  Michelle replied 1 month ago.

You are at www.justanswer.com
I am sorry to hear that you are having such trouble. I will try my best to help you out and resolve the problem as quick as possible.
Please explain the problem a bit more in detail. On/Off switch on the computer is not working correct?

Let me know the make and model of the computer.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
pls check previous emails,make and model] are there.Kathy
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 month ago.

if the power button is physically loose and not working, the button will have to be replaced or repaired

you mentioned that you have a pc#15-R036DS

may i know the make of the PC..is it HP?

please try this

remove the battery pack and unplug power cord

keep the ON button on laptop pressed for 10 secs

plug in power cord and battery and turn on laptop

does it power on?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I will try what you said and get back to you. It is a Hewlett Packard unit. Thanks
Kathleen
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 month ago.

Take you time and let me know how it goes.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
It worked Michelle, thank you very much!
Kathleen
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 month ago.

I hope I’ve provided the information you were seeking. Feel free to ask if you have any question. Please provide a rating for the service, effort and the time by clicking on the stars located in the upper right corner of the page. In case the problem still persist or you have more question then simply use the Reply to expert or click on the “Continue Conversation” button on justanswer email and I will be happy to answer your question. Thank you