computech44
computech44, Computer Hardware Engineer
Experience:  40 yrs as computer tech
97795458

I have a imac 27inch computer and the screen has started to

i have a imac 27inch computer and the screen has started to get a pixel like effect on it. it was bought in 2011. it has been there for sometime but i havent been able to take it in to be looked at. i have it packed away the moment so cant get a photo for you

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to help you with your iMac problem today. Chances are your screen is going bad but there are a couple of things that may help. Will you be unboxing the iMac any time soon?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
it is a little hard to get to at the present time. we only moved to our new place a month ago. i am happy to take it somewhere but are the screen an easy thing to replace, and is it costly?

The screen on an iMac is relatively easy to replace, but the repair is usually pretty costly.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
ok great. thanks for your help. i hope i didnt stuff you around too much. i will find somewhere around here that does screen replacements for imacs

It is possible to purchase a used LCD and have someone install it. That would make the cost considerable less expensiv

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
i might try and have a look at that too. thanks

I wish you the best of luck with getting your iMac repaired at a reasonable cost.

Thank you for the excellent rating.