Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

We have just installed Firefox as the browser on a new ACER

Customer Question

We have just installed Firefox as the browser on a new ACER laptop. There are some websites, however, I cannot reach. For instance. www.gct.com and other occasionally report "server not found." In fact, your "support/mazzillo.com" (sp?) brings up "server not found." I'm writing from my laptop, but have access to the laptop in another room.
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact model of your Acer? And what operating system are you running?
Customer: I don't have the model number on the top of my head. The operating system is Microsoft 10. Don
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: I don't think so. But the entire laptop is new so everything on it is newly installed. Don
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: The model # is E-5 5750 as nearly as I can tell from the tiny label on the back. Don
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Tim replied 1 month ago.

Hello, I'm Tim and have over 15 years of experience with eBay, Google, and the Department of Defense.

This only happens in firefox?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No, it also occurs in my backup browser from Microsoft it came installed with 10
Also, I do not want to have you connect with my laptop. Surely, I can figure this out. Thank you.
Expert:  Tim replied 1 month ago.

Sounds like a DNS issue, the router may want to use googles DNS instead of your ISPs. In fact, i'm 90% sure that is the issue.

Ignore the popups, the site sends them not me. But it sounds like you have this figured out already.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thank you
Expert:  Tim replied 1 month ago.

np

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Since you were not able to help me please delete the charge for this call. Thank you.
Expert:  Tim replied 1 month ago.

Customer Services # is 1(###) ###-####/p>

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I am not willing to pay ANYTHING for your inadequate service! I was not AT ALL!Don Lanier