Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

I'm getting a message in a pop up window that states in

Customer Question

I'm getting a message in a pop up window that states in Eudora "out of memory", how can I fix this, as it will not run with any password. carol
JA: When did you last reset your username and password?
Customer: I changed it with new server in 2011. C
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: Yes.........Microsoft updates (3).......c
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I've moved my Eudora.ini to a desktop icon with mbx and toc files and reinstalled Eudora 3 times and it still does not run unless I can get into the "about" Eudora and put in my old product ID........c
Submitted: 8 days ago.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Jay Duployen replied 8 days ago.

Hello and welcome to Just Answer. My name is***** will be assisting you today. I am sorry to hear that you are having such troubles and I will try my best to help you. I'm a computer business owner based in Scotland - UK. I have over 10 years experience in computing and a Bsc Bachelors Degree in Computer Science.

I will try and assist you, please give me a few moments to go over the question and I will look into this for you.

Please be aware that we are very busy and you may have to wait for a response, replies to you are not always instant.

We appreciate your patience.

Hi how old is the computer? I suspect that your system may be low in Random Access Memory and this is what the program is referring to. jay

Expert:  Richard replied 8 days ago.

Hi there and welcome

Can you tell me the version of windows you are running please?

Thank you

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Hello, Desktop is Gateway with 1.8 TB, 12 G Ram and built in 2012. The problem is with Eudora, nothing else on my pc is giving me trouble. This started with I did my two cleaning, Defrag Full C drive, CC cleaner etc., on the 9th and it has continually not wanted to work. I've reinstalled Eudora several times, and of course I did make a system restore disc. I checkedk all the updates from Microsoft and they can't be undone as far as I can see.........C
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Windows 7........sorry I forgot to include that in the previous message.........C

Hi thanks for the info, with 12GB Ram the system sure should have enough to run endora and a lot of other applications at the same time. The only thing that I can suggest at this point is to make a backup of the email and contacts then uninstall the software, reboot the system, re-install the software and restore your account. Are you able to do that and then see if the problem is resolved? Jay

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
I've done this about 5 times, nothing is working. I've reinstalled different dates of the program and it is still not responding. I think it 's a Windows7 update that occurred as it is the only other thing that is not allowing the program to function. I also spent 2 1/2 hours with a tech on the phone and he could not figure it out and suggested I copy all the mbx and toc files and transfer them to my laptop, but I cannot use the keyboard on a laptop for the amount of paperwork I do on a daily basis. .........thanks anyway...c

Well you have plenty memory, you have tried several other things to resolve this. I would make a last suggestion of testing the hard drive and if that check out I would suggest a full re-install of windows.

Expert:  Jay Duployen replied 7 days ago.

would you like me to guide you in reinstalling windows?