Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

My son and friend installed security cameras and DVR. The

Customer Question

My son and friend installed security cameras and DVR. The DVR does not show brand name just Digital Video Recorder DVS, model AE-T8008, SN W528112361. They put icon on my computer (Camera System DVR) with user name "admin" and also generic password. I can view all cameras on the computer. I have not checked them in over a month. We had a news article that thieves were using generic user names and passwords (which I had) on cameras to view if people were home. I went to login to view my account, but it says user name and password ***** invalid. Can I underplug DVR and start all over. I have no company to call.
Submitted: 9 days ago.
Category: Computer
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Am I suppose to stay on this page or will an answer come to my email? If they don't provide me with answer to how to reset my user name and password, do I get a full refund?
Expert:  Dan replied 9 days ago.

Hello and thank you for your question. I look forward to assisting you today. Unplugging it most likely will not make any difference. The system will need to be reset to wipe the original user information.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
How do I reset DVR
Expert:  Dan replied 9 days ago.

Check the rear and bottom of the DVR for a reset button. If you are able to reset it, you might need the default username and password ***** access the setup menu.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
There's no reset button, there is menu or escape. In pressing these nothing happens. I can't view anything because when I try to open cameras on computer it doesn't allow me in.
Expert:  Dan replied 9 days ago.

Is there anything else attached that would give us a clue as to the manufacturer?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
No brand name, just on front says Digital Video Recorder DVS, back side says Model AE-T8008, SN W528112361, under Lot No. it has "CE"
Expert:  Dan replied 9 days ago.

Were there any software discs or other documents with it?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
No I don't have of that.
Expert:  Dan replied 9 days ago.

Would your son happen to know where it was purchased?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
I contacted the person we purchased it from. Unfortunately he will be tied up for awhile. I thought there would be an easy solution with you guys, but I can wait on him if it looks like that's the best route. Thank you for your help.
Expert:  Dan replied 9 days ago.

Okay. Without knowing the manufacturer, it is pretty difficult to know the functions.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
I understand. I'm surprised there's not a manufacturer's name on it. I do appreciate your help though.