Jins M. N.
Jins M. N., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Qualified Computer Professional - 12+ years experience. Expert in Computer Hardware & Graphic Design
50064670

I am not computer savvy. I have been using pinterst as a

Customer Question

I am not computer savvy. I have been using pinterst as a site to save things for my OWN intersts not for other people to foo things from Pinterest for my Likes & not for others to follow. I didn't know anything about using
JA: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your machine, and what operating system are you running?
Customer: I have Dell computer & I am using WINDOWS
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: Not that I know of.
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Only that I am OLD & WAY OUT Of what I really Know about. Sorry about that.
Submitted: 11 days ago.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Jins M. N. replied 10 days ago.

Hello Sir/Madam. Thank you very much for giving us an opportunity to help you. I am Jins here to assist you. Please remember these things when we deal with your issue. It may take more than one step/answer to solve a problem. So If my answers don’t work or if you are not satisfied, please don’t Rate my answer as Bad or Poor Service, but please Reply back to me by clicking the “Continue Conversation” or “Reply” button and I will gladly continue to help. Remember, only Rate answer after you are 100% Satisfied. Please do not rate an answer, if you are not satisfied.

Actually Pinterest is designed as a social networking platform. You can Pin your interests there and your friends can follow you to see your interests and like it, share it, pin it etc. But you can set the privacy settings to keep your secrets.

To keep search engines like Google and Yahoo! from showing your Pinterest profile:

1. Click your name at the top of Pinterest.
  2. Click the gear menu, then settings.
  3. Switch Search Privacy from No to Yes.
  4. Click Save Settings.

To make a private board, click on your profile (found in the top right corner of the browser) and scroll to the end of your boards. From there, you can create any secret board you would like.

Only you (and anyone you invite) can see secret boards. When you save a Pin to a secret board, it won’t show up anywhere else on Pinterest.

Creating secret boards

When you’re creating a board, flip the Secret toggle to make it a secret board.

Making secret boards public, or vice versa

You can make a secret board public (or vice versa) from the board’s Edit page. Only the secret board owner can make the board public.

Who can see your secret Pins and boards?

Only you (and anyone you invite) can see your secret Pins and boards. Secret Pins and boards won’t appear in the home feed, in search or anywhere else around Pinterest.

When you save Pins to a secret board, the person you saved from won’t get a notification and the Pin’s count won’t increase.

When you save Pins from a secret board, Pinterest won’t show the name of the person you saved it from on your new Pin.

Regards
Jins