Richard, Computer Specialist
Experience:  Over 20 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

Windows fails to start. info:" the boot configuration data

windows fails to start. info: " the boot configuration data for your PC is missing or contains errors"
JA: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your computer? What version of Windows are you running?
Customer: ASUS Transformer Book. Windows 10
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no

Hi there and welcome

Can you disconnect the power cable then hold the power button for 60 seconds then release.

Then connect the power cable, power on the computer and tell me if it now starts please.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
has not solved the problem
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
how much will this end up costing

Thanks

For all payment questions, please direct these to customer service

Can you power off the computer. Then hold the left shift and with it held, power on the computer and keep tapping F8 until you get to a menu.

Tell me when you are at this menu please.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
same message is displayed

Can you try to get to the menu a few times please as it can take a few tries to get there with the timing

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
does not change message on screen

Thanks

Can you power off the computer, then power it on and keep tapping F9 until you get to a menu that lists Troubleshooting as an option.

Tell me if you can get to this menu please

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
no change

Thanks

It is the hard drive that has faulted.

A corrupted install can cause this. But we have ruled this out by trying to repair it. The fact that we cannot get to the recovery window, confirms it is the hard drive that shorts out, and causes the computer to stall on startup.

I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the computer to have this replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.

I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the page, then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you