Benjamin Nichols
Benjamin Nichols, Computer Hardware Engineer
Experience:  Computer Systems Analyst
98351426

My question is regarding my iPhone and iPad. Can you help

My question is regarding my iPhone and iPad. Can you help me?
JA: How old is your iPad, and what model are you using?
Customer: About 2 years. Where do I find out what model I have?
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: I'll be visiting Japan and want to be able to use my mobile devices. Will the Jetpack make it possible?
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I have the Apple 7 plus iPhone and my husband has the 6. Will we be able to call and text each other while in Japan? Do we need international roaming?

Hello, my name is ***** ***** welcome to Justanswers.com. I am reviewing your question and will be with your shortly.

The cheapest thing you can do, by far, is leave your phone at home. Or treat it as if it were an iPod touch, never connecting to any network except a Wi-Fi one (Wi-Fi usage remains free except for any local charge). Otherwise, using an iPhone in most foreign countries will likely cost you somewhere between a hefty sum and your entire life savings. With some planning and prudence, however, you can make sure your costs stay down near the hefty sum end. For instance if you use your phone in Japan through AT&T you will need to use international roaming which will cost you $2.99 a minute for voice and $.50 for text message sent. If your phone is unlocked it is possible for you to buy a sim card when you arrive in japan for about $50 and use the local cell network without international roaming. However as stated above the cheapest option and honestly best option would be to leave your phone at home or if you can plan out your trip use public wifi. You could also purchase a pre-pay phone in japan for about $25 and use refill cards on your trip. If this answers your question please rate my customer service on this answer.