Hunter Owens
Hunter Owens, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Your problem meets my passion. A Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist.
20422294

Interested in purchasing logitech keyboard and mouse,

Interested in purchasing logitech keyboard and mouse, wondering if they are compatible with linux. All indications are that they are not.
JA: What's the make and model of your computer? And have you had problems with this keyboard in the past?
Customer: custom made, asus motherboard
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: recently installed linux mint 18.1 from dvd with all the latest updates.
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I am particularly interested in the k750 solar keyboard and the m570 rollerball mouse. Will they work with linux as the operating system?

Hello, it will be my pleasure to assist you today.

I've done some research here and other Linux users have used the k750 solar keyboard and the m570 rollerball mouse on Linux fine.

You may wish to customize some of the Fn key shortcuts, which you could do fairly simply, as documented here: https://www.lifewire.com/how-to-change-the-linux-mint-cinnamon-keyboard-shortcuts-4064754

Curious to know where you're hearing the indications that they are not compatible as well.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
The Logitech Web Site clearly states their equipment is only compatible with Windows, iOS, and Chrome. I assumed because Linux was not listed that drivers are not available.
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Secure connection is not necessary at this time, I do not yet have the equipment I'm asking about. Just want to know if I spend the money on the wireless keyboard and mouse that they will work on my computer.
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
I think I can assume from your previous reply that the answer is "yes". Do I assume correctly?
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Thank you for your advice.

Hi, sorry I missed your reply as we were online at slightly different times. You are correct, Logitech does not list Linux as supported and will not provide Linux support for these devices, but they are independently reported as compatible in multiple places. Including here and here. Hope you enjoy your new mouse and keyboard! They look like great picks.