Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

Was chatting with another tech -- rec'd voice notice that

Customer Question

was chatting with another tech -- rec'd voice notice that microsoft knows about a virus -= paid $5 with credit card for help -- have not heard from anyone -- i'm disabled and live on ss -- cannot afford repair charges
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact model of your computer? And what operating system are you running?
Customer: dell - what would the operating system be?
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no i already paid the $5 deposit
Category: Computer
Expert:  Michael replied 5 months ago.

Hello! Thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com; I am Michael, an expert here at JustAnswer.com. I am so sorry to hear about the issue you are having. I will do what I can to answer your question as well as it can be answered. But first please let me review the notes on your question. Thank you. I return momentarily.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
AM REQUESTING IMMEDIATE REFUND -- YOU CHARGED MY BANK ACCOUNT $5 AND $31 -- THIS WILL OVERDRAW MY ACCOUNT -- THIS IS JUST WRONG -- AM VERY UNHAPPY
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
NOW YOU'RE ASKING FOR MORE MONEY -- I AM CONTACTING MY BANK
Expert:  Michael replied 5 months ago.

I am so sorry to hear about your medical condition.

Sir, I did not see anything in your case note about the specific problem you might be having but based on your writing it seems to me that you have a victim or an online scam. The message you received was not from Microsoft but from scammers that prey on people like yourself. I suggest that you call your credit card company and cancel your $5 payment immediately. I also contact our billing and request for refund for you.