Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

I can't log in. I don't know whether the login account

Customer Question

I can't log in. I don't know whether the login account that's displayed on the screen is a local account or a Microsoft account. But it refuses the password ***** I've successfully used before.
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact model of your computer? And what operating system are you running?
Customer: It's an HP 150-something, and I have Windows 10.
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: I don't think so, although I've signed in to the computer before.
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Perhaps I need to know what kind of account I'm dealing with, and he or she might need to know more about my computer.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Tim replied 3 months ago.

Hello, I'm Tim and have over 15 years of experience with eBay, Google, and the Department of Defense. I'm here to do the best I can to assist you with your problem. If remote access is needed, I will remote in, and call you, as well as provide a free tune-up. Also, follow-ups are always free if more is needed.

Sorry to hear you are locked out, does your screen look like this? Note the areas below the password propt.