Cris
Cris, Support Specialist
Experience:  10 years of IT experience in both business and residential.
10156100

My computer has Windows Vista which is not supported or

Customer Question

my computer has Windows Vista which is not supported or won't be soon? What do I do to prevent it from crashing? -Cynthia
JA: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your machine, and what operating system are you running?
Customer: HP Pavilion Entertainment must be6 years old. I didn't buy it; my brother did for my late mother.
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: How do I check? I thought it was doing it automatically.
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I have an exterior hard drive that I haven't used yet.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Cris replied 4 months ago.

Hi there, I am Cris and will be more then glad to assist you with your question.

Microsoft will stop supporting Vista on 4/11/17 which means they will not send out anymore updates. Such security and patches for Vista, but that does not mean that your system will stop functioning. Everything continues to work as normal.

Manufacturers will soon stop creating software that will work with vista there is no exact date on that and can vary depending on the manufacturer. Some software may not be available but you can continue using what you have.

Your system maybe eligible for a free upgrade to Windows 10 the current software. But your system also must be compatible, I can check for you by doing a remote session and running compatiblity.

Let me know if you would like to do a remote session and I can check. If not let me know if you have any further questions. Please take a moment to rate my service and submit at the top.

Expert:  Cris replied 4 months ago.

I wanted to follow up with you and see if you had any further questions.

Let me know if you do.

Cris