GeekGal
GeekGal, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  MIS degree and 15+ years experience with both Mac and Windows hardware & software
76665483

My Google password was reset yesterday. I cannot get logged

Customer Question

My Google password ***** reset yesterday. I cannot get logged in on my computer. I can get GMail on my phone.
JA: How long have you had this issue with your Gmail account?
Customer: Since yesterday. When I try to reset my password ***** says it will send a verification code to my phone, then to my alternate account, it asks a security question, then says it can't verify me.
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: No.
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No. I just need to recover my Google account.
Category: Computer
Expert:  GeekGal replied 2 months ago.

Hello! My name is***** am a computer professional with over 15 years of experience with both Mac and Windows computers, phones, tablets, e-readers and printers.

The fastest and easiest way for me to fix this for you would to remotely access your computer and work on it while you watch. If you're willing to do that please click the link below:

http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=11321f7a-0e43-4cf1-b635-01ac698d9ca2

On the page that opens up, click "I Agree."

Download the remote file when prompted, and then OPEN/RUN the "Elsinore Screen Connect" file downloaded (at the very bottom of your browser window, usually in the left corner.)

I'll then be connected.

Expert:  GeekGal replied 2 months ago.

I am sorry but I have never seen anything like this before. Although you still have access to the phone and email that are listed in recovery options and even though it says that a code will be sent, you are never given the opportunity to enter that code.

It will likely take someone at Google to fix this. You may call one of the numbers
listed below, however the lines are automated, and requesting to speak with someone can lead to
hold times up to three hours or more.
1. United States1-***-***-****
2. United Kingdom +44 (0)20-7031-3000
3. India+91-80-67218000
4. Mexico+52 55-5342-8400
5. Canada+1(###) ###-####br />6. Germany+49 30###-##-####br />7. Russia+7-***-***-****

You can also try this link:.
https://support.google.com/mail/troubleshooter/2943007?hl=en.

I am very sorry that I was unable to provide immediate resolution of the issue. If the information that I have provided has been at all helpful, would you mind taking a moment to rate my service? I'd really appreciate it! You can give your rating by selecting the stars located on the top right of the question page and then clicking on submit. Thank you!