Viet - Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Ten years of computer support. Microsoft MCP & CompTIA A+ certifications. Windows 10 8 7 Vista XP etc.
30037186

I have a serious malfunctio with windows 7. Only screen

Customer Question

I have a serious malfunctio with windows 7. Only screen showing with a(###) ###-#### Try calling no answer.
JA: What kind of computer do you have?
Customer: Gateway
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: No. Was going totry wi , dows 10 yet. Windows7
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Just how to fix
Category: Computer
Expert:  Viet - Computer Tech replied 5 months ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. That was certainly a fake popup message, so please do not follow any instructions in it; do not call them. It is a scam in order to get your money and/or your personal information in order to do frauds. No legitimate support company would ever contact you automatically for any reason. Only when you need computer help, you would contact a support company yourself first. Please always ignore any popup message (or email message or phone call) that you do not know or that you are not expecting.

- Does this issue even if you shut down / restart the computer?

- Note: If you cannot shut down the computer, then press and hold the Power on / off button on your computer for about 10 seconds, then turn it back on and check.

Please reply at the box below to continue. Thank you,

This issue usually occurs when you accidentally click on a bad website link or advertisement or a bad email attachment. Usually, shutting down / restarting the computer would resolve the issue.

- Have you tried my suggestion to shut down / restart the computer yet?

- If it still does not work, does this issue occur when you turn on the computer? Or when you open the Internet on your computer? etc.?

Please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you,

For more information about this kind of scams, please click on the Microsoft website below:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/safety/online-privacy/avoid-phone-scams.aspx

, and/or at

http://www.bbb.org/sacramento/news-events/consumer-tips/2016/05/everything-you-need-to-know-about-the-microsoft-support-scam/

- Is there still any issue with your computer? Do you have any further question?

When you are available, please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you,

How are you? It's been a few days. Is your computer working fine now? Or is there still any issue?
Do you still need help with this issue? And/or do you need help with anything else?