Viet - Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Ten years of computer support. Microsoft MCP & CompTIA A+ certifications. Windows 10 8 7 Vista XP etc.
30037186

I just received a phone call from P T Tech Solutions. They

Customer Question

I just received a phone call from P T Tech Solutions. They wanted to access my computer to fix a firewall error. They said they were from Microsoft. Are they? I didn't let them.
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact model of your computer? And what operating system are you running?
Customer: Windows 10, Microsoft Edge, HP computer. Don't know model.
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: Yes. Adobe
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I don't think so. I'm not very computer literate.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Viet - Computer Tech replied 2 months ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. That was certainly a fake phone call, so please do not follow any instructions from them. It is a scam in order to get your money and/or your personal information in order to do frauds. No legitimate support company would ever call you automatically for any reason. Only when you need computer help, you would contact a support company yourself first. Please always ignore any phone call (or email message or popup message) that you do not know or that you are not expecting.

Do you have any further question? Is there currently any issue with your computer?

Please reply at the box below to continue. Thank you,

For more information about this kind of scams, please click on the Microsoft website below:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/safety/online-privacy/avoid-phone-scams.aspx

- Is there anything else you need today?

Please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you,

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Thank you for the answer. I thought it was a scam. I want to know why I have been charged $36 for this information. I do not want to start any trial . I understood that the information from Microsoft was free. Please refund my money!
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Do not connect to my computer and do not charge my credit card.

You're welcome. I'm sorry; I'm an independent computer tech; you came here and asked me a question, so I was answering you. I'll have our customer service check with you on the billing issue; we'll make sure you'll be okay. Do you need help with any other computer question / issue today?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I was sent to your site by Microsoft. I assumed you were one of their techs who answered questions free of charge. There was something about a $5 faith charge. I don't understand how I got here in this situation. I feel like this was a scam just like the other one.

I'm sorry. Basically, Microsoft does not provide live support instantly, so that's why I'm helping you. I'm the tech, so our customer service will fix the billing issue for you.

Have I answered you computer question today? And/or do you need help with any other computer question / issue today?

Please let me know. Thank you,