Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

I have just switched from a DELL with Windows 10, that I am

Customer Question

I have just switched from a DELL with Windows 10, that I am very comfortable with. This HP notebook is a gift that I can't get the hang of. I can't set up the main screen or pin icons to the taskbar. Sometimes I cant't even close a window without going to the taskview. Please help.
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact model of your HP? And what operating system are you running?
Customer: I am using Windows 10. It's I believe a top line model, and sometimes it tells me on the screen what it is, but I don't know how to find it.
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: YES.
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I will be able to answer all his questions, but don't know where to begin
Submitted: 11 days ago.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Byron replied 11 days ago.

Hi. My name is***** you for your question and the opportunity to assist.

There's more than one way to do what you want. For example, if you click the start menu button (the 4-pane window icon in

the very lower left corner) and scroll through your apps on the left. For an application that you want to pin to the taskbar,

right-click on it, you'll see the option Pin to Start, if you select that it will create a tile on the right-side of the menu screen.

If you right click on the application and select More, you'll see the option: Pin to Taskbar.

Expert:  Byron replied 11 days ago.

There are more ways to customize the home screen, depending on what you want to do.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Please connect and fix it.
Expert:  Byron replied 11 days ago.

I've submitted the offer you requested. Please accept when you see it on your screen.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Byron, This is a brand new computer and I have 90 days of free tech support. They told me that I would just have to call, and HP .would
provide the service. When I called the HP number I was given, I'm thrown into Just answer and offered a chargeable service. Can you please give me a number where I can call HP directly?
Expert:  Byron replied 11 days ago.

This isn't HP. This is JustAnswer.com a technical support site.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
I understand. Can you give me a telephone number where I can contact HP directly. If not, please CAncEL the refundable $5 deposit that was put on my credit card.Thank you
Expert:  Byron replied 11 days ago.

I answer questions and am unable to process that type of request.

Contact customer service at(###) ###-####and they can process a refund.