Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Information Systems Manager
Experience:  25 Years Experience in Field. MCSE, ICCP, CNE, Greenbelt
23511658

I need help with my phone! I purchased the phone to forward

Customer Question

I need help with my phone! I purchased the phone to forward lines from my old phone number that was not portable as a land line. I need to cell(###) ###-####to act as a forwarding mechanism to my land lines. We need the capacity to handle 5 calls at once
JA: What kind of computer do you have?
Customer: I have a networked system with CISCO
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: Yes, to make a long story short I moved my office and lost the phone line(###) ###-####as we were told it was not portable to the new location. We purchased the cell phone based on a recommendation from your team and assigned(###) ###-####to the cell. We forwarded the cell to(###) ###-####which is a line with a hunt group to handle 5 calls at once. It is not working only allowing one call at a time
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: That is a good start. I can network him with my company team as well
Category: Computer
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Please send me an email with the answers and allow me to network you with my technical team at State Farm to resolve this problem. The cell phone is not set up properly. Your team set it up for me remotely and I need help to make it work.
Expert:  Pete replied 4 months ago.

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Expert:  Pete replied 4 months ago.

What is the make and model number of the phone that you need help with?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Samsung Galaxy J6. the problem is not the phone. The problem is I was told by the AT&T rep that if I purchased the cell phone I would have the ability to forward my line to a land line with capacity to handle calls for 5 lines. It appears this doesn't work unless you can add additional services to the phone that will all the cell phone to handle 5 calls at one time
Expert:  Pete replied 4 months ago.

Yes that would be correct - if the cell phone can only handle one call at a time then it can only forward one call at a time to a landline.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Did you just try to call me on(###) ###-#### Can you add services to allow me to forward five calls at one time?
Expert:  Pete replied 4 months ago.

No, I haven't tried to call you.

It is possible that the website's customer services may have tried to call you though.

Expert:  Pete replied 4 months ago.

To add services to your cell phone, you will need to contact AT&T on 1-***-***-****

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Are you accessing the phone remotely to add services?
Expert:  Pete replied 4 months ago.

No I cannot; you can ignore any automated offers that may pop up - they are sent automatically by the site.

Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 4 months ago.

Hello. My name is Mike. Are you requesting some type of remote session? If so, I have some time now and could help you. Let me know, please.