Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

Happy New Year..I have had this issue ever since windows did

Customer Question

Hi. Happy New Year..I have had this issue ever since windows did an update last Friday January 6th...I try to open the final draft I sent myself. And tried to open others on my computer by emailing them to myself..and they arrive in a color blue instead of the grayish color ..when I click on them they don't read the name of script it reads unknown file. Then when I click on that it opens the selections to open file with I choose Final Draft. Then it come ups with C: the name on the computer and below that it reads " the parameter is in correct". I called final draft this morning. They told me to reload Final draft 10..I did ..and the same things happen..HELP! thanks *****: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your machine, and what operating system are you running?
Customer: HP ..let me get down and see
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: HP PAVILLIONp6330f PC
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I haven't installed any update windows 10 did ..it appears it happen every time Widows ten updates ..something drops out of use
Category: Computer
Expert:  Bhavik Joshi replied 4 months ago.

Hi, I'm Bhavik. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will reply back ASAP.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Bhavik..thanks....

Did you try system restore ? I think you should try this if not already done.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Which system restore do you mean.. Windows 10, HP, ot Final Draft...I already reinstalled final draft...

Restore your system to any date prior to 6th Jan

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Let if I let you connect..I want to know..Do I pay $35 ..plus another $39.? and all my info will be secure ?

Yes, For remote screen sharing you have to pay extra.

But if you are comfortable with computers then I can give to step by step instructions and you can simply follow them.