Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

My screen on my printer shows no IP address, how do I get

Customer Question

my screen on my printer shows no IP address, how do I get the address back?
Submitted: 10 days ago.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Russell H. replied 10 days ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

What is your printer's maker and model #, please?

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
I got the printer hooked up again but it doesn't print right which lead to the other problem. Projects get held up in the que and won't print unless I turn the computer off and then on again. I don't know how to fix this.

Is the printer on a wireless connection?

Or, on a USB cable?

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
a wireless connection
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
I do not wish to have a remote connection at this time thank you

Thank you - you may ignore the solicitation for additional services (and with them, charges). I did not send that message to you, the website system did. (And I have no control over such messages.)

How does the printer 'not print right' ?

And what computer is it printing from, please? Apple, or Windows PC?

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Thanks for the info. The computer it is printing from is an HP with windows 10.
Expert:  Russell H. replied 8 days ago.

OK. Thanks for the response.

Further details: What program are you printing from? and, Is the printer on a wireless connection?

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
The printer is on a wireless connection. Sometimes no matter what program I am printing from it seems to get stuck in que and it will print if I turn off the printer or computer and then turn it back on. If I check to see what is printing it will often be in an error state and takes a long time to delete the project so it will print again.
Expert:  Russell H. replied 7 days ago.

Please tell me how old the printer is?

(What you describe could be a case of the driver needing to be replaced, or properly installed - if you like, according to a procedure I will give you, step by step, with major likelihood of helping with the problem - but it could also mean, your printer is defective, or possibly your computer might have a virus infection on it.)

What anti-virus software does your computer have on it, and what Firewall, please?

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
I have Avast anti virus and it has the firewall. I have had this printer for almost one year and it has not had many problems, many of those were just me learning about wireless equipment. How often should drivers be updated?
Expert:  Russell H. replied 5 days ago.

That depends upon whether there are factors that might cause printer driver corruption present. Having Avast really helps, but there may be other factors present.

Would you like to try replacing the drivers? if so, I will give you detailed instructions, following which will increase the probability of a good result.

Customer: replied 1 day ago.
detailed instructions would be nice.
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 day ago.

OK. In order for me to prepare instructions for you, I will need to know what your printer's maker name (e.g. Canon, HP, etc.) and model #, is, please.