Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

My intellinet router won't reset, I have yes. It just shows

Customer Question

hi my intellinet router won't reset
JA: Have you tried "power cycling" your router -- unplugging it and letting it rest for about ten seconds?
Customer: I have yes. It just shows the power light and nothing else
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: no I i'm using it a repeater and yesterday I plugged it in and used an ehternet to computer connection to log into the router page and once I tried to make the connection secure WPA2personal AES it just wouldn't let me back onto the page or ask for login or anything so now I can't reset it either
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: just how to reset and a complete step by step on getting this to be a universal repeater for my main router
Category: Computer
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Secure Remote Assistance. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
This is the Intellinet Router 300n Access Point Model#: 524728
Expert:  Russell H. replied 3 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

First of all: locate the reset button. It is probably next to the power plug-in.

Hold down the reset button for at least 30 straight seconds.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I have done so repeatedly. Including power cycling as well as hold reset for 30 seconds power on keep holding it for 30 seconds power off and turn power back on while holding it still for 30 more seconds. All I am ever able to see is the green power light no Amber or red lights from the WLAN and LAN leds
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I have not tried to upgrade firmware or software of any kind and yet this router looks almost as if it is Bricked.

Just hold down the reset for 30 seconds, after disconnecting the router from everything except the power.

And then just leave it for a few minutes.

Then hook up an Ethernet cable to one of the common ports.

Then restart your computer, after disconnecting it from wireless and any network cable.

Then when your computer is restarted, hook up the aforementioned Ethernet cable from the repeater (or, once it is properly configured, the repeater).

And see if you can log into its admin setup that way.

Does that work? if not, it might indeed be 'broken' or bricked.