Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

My Macbook had a water death in Mexico and I had to buy a

Customer Question

My Macbook had a water death in Mexico and I had to buy a replacement one (I am American)But the way the keys are placed is different to American Macs and my brain refuses to relearn their new placements.How much would it cost to switch my keyboard from Mexican to American?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Russell H. replied 3 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

You may be able to simply switch it in the software.

That won't change the key-caps look, when you look at the keyboard, though.

Would you be meaning, to replace the keyboard so the key-caps look right for the US-and-Canadian layout?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Correct - I need US layoutJust wondering if you had an idea how much I should pay for this?

I have no power over charges, billing, no access to your credit information. For all such concerns I must refer you to Customer Support at JustAnswer.com. They may be reached at

***@******.***

or through Chat or Phone by way of this page:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/contact-us

As for changing the keyboard to a US Layout - do you also want the keyboard to have the right legend on the physical key caps? or is that no object?