Richard, Computer Specialist
Experience:  Over 20 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

I can't use my apple ID and cannot sign in or use anything.

Customer Question

I can't use my apple ID and cannot sign in or use anything. The card that was on file has been replaced with a chip card and we ... fro some reason are not able to replace or get rid of the other card that is now expired. Apple was suppose to send me a code or something to change this or tell us what to do next , but I haven't received anything yet. It was suppose to be texted to me a few days ago but have not received anything yet. can you please help me?
JA: When did you last reset your Apple ID or password?
Customer: The day we got our new phones from sprint around the 23rd. but he bypassed the credid card part to get the phones set up
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: i don't believe so
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I think that's it,,but I am a slow typist....sorry
Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 4 months ago.

Hi there and welcome

If you try to sign into your account on my link below

www.icloud.com

What is the exact message you receive?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
clicked on forgot apple ID or password. Then it asked for my email address which I gave and then it asked me to type in the characters which I did Then it sent me a code which I put in Then it had the last 4 digits of the credit card which we don't have anymore since it was replaced with a chip card Then there is a place to check if you don't have access to this card anymore which is the recovery stage and it said should have an answer in 2 or 3 days All I want is to be able to have an apple ID and password ***** and be able to use it
Expert:  Richard replied 4 months ago.

ok, if you just wish for an apple ID you can create a new one on my link below

https://appleid.apple.com/account

And use this moving forward

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
If I create a new one. will I lose everything from my last one? Or how can I retrieve everything from my last Apple ID?
Expert:  Richard replied 4 months ago.

Only by signing in, but if you cannot reset the password, you will not be able to sign back into it.

You could call your previous credit card company and get the card number or from previous statements.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Is there another way to reset it and keep all the info and not lose everything without the old password ***** credit card number?
Expert:  Richard replied 4 months ago.

No sorry, the only way to reset it is by using the password ***** tool.

I can check and maybe I have more luck... whats the email address used with the account?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Email address. ***@******.***
Expert:  Richard replied 4 months ago.

thanks, ***** ***** the phone number ending in 19?